Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Kaleidoscopic Tones

       She Sets The Tone

       Years ago, my husband admonished me- I had been scolding our children- "But what did I say that was wrong?" I asked. "It's not what you said- it was the tone of your voice."

       I have never forgotten his wise words.

       Currently Rachel, a twenty-two year old preschool teacher lives with me. She is a song set to motion. Every morning she greets me with melodic tones- Early morning her laughter brightens somber nights. Her "good morning" has a lyrical tone- for whomever she meets- a tone that calms when stress enervates us.


       Rachel lifts spirits and in so doing, prepares the groundwork for peacemaking. In the Beatitudes,  peacemakers are called blessed children of God, but they are also blessed members of the family of humankind.  I like to think that Rachel's early morning contribution to our lives will contribute to a broader peace in our families, community and the world.

1 comment:

  1. Mrs Goldboss,
    I am thrilled that Rachel is "singing her song" in your life. We are particularly glad that she was able to be home with us this Christmas. May God continue to meet your needs through His marvelous Grace.
    Daniel Osborn

    ReplyDelete